21st century skills event Vadodara, Gujarat
Manohar Renuka Prasad, Gandhi Fellow Batch 2018-2020 (Kheda, Ahmedabad) attended a panel discussion on 21st-century skills which was organized by Gandhi Fellowship in association with Internal Quality
Lord Bhikhu Parekh who was the member of House of Lords was the keynote speaker who had talked about, depth and width of Globalization and the mechanism of coping with its challenges would make people inclusive. He emphasized the importance of having a multi-cultural sensitivity which is the essence of unity in diversity. He focused on integrity and self-respect which will help humans in maintaining harmony and peace. After the speech of Lord Bhikhu Parekh, there was a panel discussion chaired by eminent personalities.
1.Mr. S. K. Raizada, Chief Mentor, PSL, a certified corporate trainer and certified leadership expert.
2.Mr. Hitarth Pandya, Founder-Director (Kids for Environmental development initiative),
3.Mr. Rahul Bhole, an Independent Filmmaker, (40+ documentaries, short and feature films)
Manohar who managed to attend the panel discussion with his co-fellows crafted the learning from the session as below:
• Follow your Passion, was reiterated by every panelist, as passion will create Hunger in self and Hunger creates Success.
• Using Social media to the optimum betterment of our own individual self.
• Patience is the key virtue to success
• Collaboration and staying true to oneself
• The Learning abilities of every generation is different from each other. We need to be mindful of that
• Learn to Unlearn to relearn
• There was a mention of the irreversible disruption happening in the world owing to the advent of Artificial Intelligence. The importance of Data Analytics, that has caused a few of the manual jobs to cease, but then has led to the creation of a few more jobs in a completely different environment
• We need to keenly observe the environment, anticipate change and then adapt suitably to it
• The transition of dynamics from having information to knowledge has brought about a shift in the corridors of power, where Communication skills are of paramount importance. Social Consultancy, plays a dominant role in the years to come, where service industry professionals will have to tackle issues, never heard before.